Your first step is to install VS Code:
- Go to the Visual Studio Code download page.
- Download an appropriate build for your platform.
- Open the downloaded file and follow the installation instructions.
Next, you need to install the following extensions:
- InterSystems Language Server
- InterSystems ObjectScript
- InterSystems Server Manager
These extension are grouped together in the InterSystems ObjectScript Extension Pack. Run VS Code. From within the application, click the extensions button in the Activity Bar on the left edge of the VS Code window:
intersystems in the search field to find these extensions in the Marketplace, as illustrated in the following screen shot:
You can install all the required extensions in one step by clicking on the Install button for the InterSystems ObjectScript Extension Pack. You can also install each extension separately by clicking the install button for the required extension. Note that the InterSystems ObjectScript extension supplies an ObjectScript button which appears in the Activity Bar when a workspace or folder is open: